Sunday, February 15, 2009

Car Wax Should Be Part of Your Regular Car Maintenance

I went through a car wash the other day after work, and was told by one of the employees who waxed my car that I was a bad car owner. I felt wrongly accused. After all, I get regular oil changes and follow my maintenance records. But as car wax was being put on my car, the employee kept shaking his head. After he was finished with the car wax, he came over to give me an earful. "Your paint was so foggy. How could you let this happen?" I guess years of not using car wax is an offense so big, that I deserved public embarrassment. There were lots of other customers, sitting in their suits like me, glancing over to get a look at me being reprimanded. Honestly, I love my car. I did not mean to harm it. Luckily, I was saved by the guy who put my car wax on. 

Car wax forms a protective layer on your car. Car wax is to car paint, as conditioner is to hair for a person. It forms a barrier to shield from outside elements. In addition, it makes your car sparkle as if it were new and hides scratches. By using car wax on a routine basis, you can help the value of your car from depreciating as quickly. You do not have to go to a car detailing place like I did. After my little public scolding, I may choose to do it myself in the future. There are so many different kinds of car wax out there and they all are dependent upon how you apply them and when. When I took a look at a "Consumer Reports" snapshot of car wax, they concluded that the fancy ones do not perform any better than cheaper ones. 

To properly apply car wax, your car should first be clean and dry. Take a glance at the surface and make sure there is not any remaining grit. If you start waxing over the grit, it could scratch your car. Make sure your car is not in the direct sun. Do not attempt to do this on a frigid day, as your labors will not yield much success. Rub the car wax on in circular patterns, using a soft cloth that will not scratch your paint. It is best to apply the wax in sections, so you can tell where you have been. Wait for the applied car wax to get cloudy before you remove it. Rub the wax off in circular movements with a clean rag. Shake out the cloth frequently, so you do not get any build up. Once the car is done, stand back and admire. Although you may have to give your arm some rest and relaxation, you can take heart in knowing that you do not have to wax again anytime soon. It is ideal to apply a new coat of car wax every quarter.

No comments:

Labels

2010 Hyundai Sonata A Star Access 125CC Activa Audi Audi R8 Avenger bajaj Bajaj Discover 135 DTS-i Bajaj Kristal DTS-i Bajaj Pulsar 220 DTSi Bajaj Ups Stake In KTM bajal pulsat pulsar 180 bmw bullet car loan car loans CBZ X-TREME CHEVROLET CHEVROLET CAPTIVA comming soon driving tips ducati electric cars electric scooter fastest Bike ferrari Ferrari F1 Concept fiat ford Ford India General Motors Glamour Glamour PGM FI GM GM Chevrolet OK gmc Hero Honda Honda Activa honda civic Honda Dio honda news HONDA PASSION PRO honda shine honda stunner HONDA UNICORN 150 cc Hunk Hyunda HYUNDAI i20 Hyundai Sonata YF international bikes jeeps Karizma Karizma R Karizma Review kawasaki Kawasaki ER-6n KAWASAKI KLX 150 cc KAWASAKI Ninja 250R kia Kinetic Nova Kinetic Stryker ktm Land Rover Limca Book loan loan to buy a car lover lrx magna Mahindra Mahindra Scorpio Mahindra Xylo Maintenance Tips maruti Maruti Suzuki Maruti Suzuki Splash Maruti Suzuki Splash Features Maruti Suzuki Splash Photos Maruti Suzuki Splash Price Mercedes Mercedes Benz Motorbike Helmets New Hyundai Cars New Karizma Passion Plus price Pulsar 150cc DTSi pulsar 180 price Pulsar 180cc DTSi Pulsar 200cc PULSAR 220 DTS-Fi PULSAR 220 DTS-Fi chrome version Pulsar DTS-Fi 220cc pulsar price Royal Enfield sabura Scooty Pep+ Skoda Fabia Sports skoda india SSC supercars suzuki Suzuki GSR 150 Lanza SUZUKI GSX-R 125 Suzuki GSX-R1000 Suzuki Hayabusa Suzuki INTRUDER M1800R Suzuki Zeus Tata Nano toyota Toyota Innova TVS Apache RTR 160 FI TVS Apache RTR 160 RD TVS STAR CITY unicorn Unicorn Grand Prix Volkswagen Volkswagen Cut Prices Volkswagen Jetta Trendline Volvo XC90 Ocean Race Edition xcd125 Xenitis Rock 100 Xylo yamaha yamaha fz-16 Yamaha MT01 yamaha R15 Yamaha YZF R1